Card Hunters Academy
Please register, after you register activate your account by going to your e-mail, after you are registered and your account is activated, please login to the site, after you login you should see a chatbox at the top of the page, please check you messages before loging into the box, you will have a message that has the link to our rules. Thank You: Lord Link

Card Hunters Academy

Like a seedling just planted, we seek duelist who grow

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

One final idea.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cstyles224

PostSubject: One final idea.....   Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:14 pm

Well, from what I can see, this place is pretty much more dead than Hitler, and unless I missed a memo, there's no OFFICIAL death sentence from a staff member on site, I have one more idea if ANYONE THAT CAN HELP is up for it. YouTube. Now, I know it seems far fetched, but hear me out, if we can get a stable upload schedule from a range of different people, and if we try PROPERLY we could get at least a small fan-base going, while advertising the site, and a channel of the video uploader, IE if Nec put up a video, and if he had a channel, he could plug himself, since he would benefit from exposure if need be. That way people would have an actual reason to upload to a CHA channel, and keep up the exposure that, if a uploader is comfortable with, could go two ways. Once again, only a basic idea, and if ANYONE is on board. either reply to this or send me a message over Skype. Thanks a bunch!

-Civil
Back to top Go down
smitee
Vault Dweler

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:50 pm

I probably won't do much to help since I'm kinda out of the scene now, but I would watch some videos if I get to hear Necruta's cute little voice again.
Back to top Go down
Fushidara
Comeback King

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:08 am

Seeing Nec make more videos might be fun, and if I had a way to record duels and upload them from DevPro I'd contribute. Just for off-the-wall decks and stuff. BUT, I don't think it's gonna work. We're all pretty lazy and unmotivated to get these things going.
Back to top Go down
cstyles224

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:28 pm

Getting it started ASAP wasn't the point of the post, it was to get people talking and maybe brainstorming any other way that they may have. And seems like one part of the intention was met to a certain degree. And it's easy to counter act the laziness, just do it without thinking 'Maybe tomorrow' or something.
Back to top Go down
Lord Link
Dragon Master

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:33 pm

this sounds like a good idea,

Head of RP
Head of RP

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Well then, Seeing how someone deleted my post I'll post it once again.

Sadly I will no longer produce YT content for CHA. I've completely moved to another more active Academy. However if you still want to see videos from me, some friends and I are going to start up an YT channel for another academy. While I think that due to the community of CHA, it will no longer revive I don't think it's a bad idea. Cha is Cha because of US, not because of the website. So if you guys are interested in seeing videos from me, or just want another place to hang out google Alpha Knights Academy.

(P.S. I will be checking who logs in with admin powers to see who will delete this post)

since there is no skype contact field in the profile contact field i'll just put it in here
Naveon_Necruta
Back to top Go down
cstyles224

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:30 pm

Not trying to bash anyone, but if people think there's no going back, fair enough, you give up. The thing is there's one main problem with your Hypothesis Nec, things and people evolve. Granted CHA is CHA because of the people who work hard on it and care, but it has to evolve in some form, or it shows no one give's a damn. Granted things come to an end, people never give up on them though. If member's join on, CHA will be CHA because of them. People move on and on, meaning there's people out there who would love to join something like this and haven't found their home yet. Excuse the language, but I'm a perseverant son of a bitch. CHA's shield is broken, not shattered. With the right amount of attention and care, along with those who care, it can recover as long as people put in maximum effort. I'm willing to put in the effort once I have my current hospital issues sorted out (Story for another time.) I just need people to help. I would try my best to do it on my own, but since I've started my GCSE's a few weeks before I take summer break to head into Year 10, I can't. If you move on like Nec has I completely respect your decision. Most of the people I would at least call a friend haven't been on since January. I just have issues letting home's burn.
Back to top Go down
smitee
Vault Dweler

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:01 am

cstyles224 wrote:
Not trying to bash anyone, but if people think there's no going back, fair enough, you give up. The thing is there's one main problem with your Hypothesis Nec, things and people evolve. Granted CHA is CHA because of the people who work hard on it and care, but it has to evolve in some form, or it shows no one give's a damn. Granted things come to an end, people never give up on them though. If member's join on, CHA will be CHA because of them. People move on and on, meaning there's people out there who would love to join something like this and haven't found their home yet. Excuse the language, but I'm a perseverant son of a bitch. CHA's shield is broken, not shattered. With the right amount of attention and care, along with those who care, it can recover as long as people put in maximum effort. I'm willing to put in the effort once I have my current hospital issues sorted out (Story for another time.) I just need people to help. I would try my best to do it on my own, but since I've started my GCSE's a few weeks before I take summer break to head into Year 10, I can't. If you move on like Nec has I completely respect your decision. Most of the people I would at least call a friend haven't been on since January. I just have issues letting home's burn.

If we're being completely realistic here, this won't work unless you have enough people (like you said) putting maximum effort into it. The reality is though, that just about everyone (except for 2 or maybe 3) who would be appropriate to participate in the revival either don't have the time, or just aren't interested or motivated for one reason or another. You specifically would either have to be working around the clock or find other people who you trust to assist you if you would ever want this to actually work.

I hate to be such a downer, but it feels like CHA was really only going strong for about 2 years if we're being generous, and after that, it was a struggle to get new members and keep this place alive. None of the other plans to get more people to join really worked because of lack of commitment to them. The reasons for this were because it was totally voluntary, a lot of the people here just didn't play the game as much as they used to. Honestly though, probably the biggest one, is that it's just a lot of work to find someone, get them to agree to join and explain to them what this really is if they don't know and get them registered and test them, only for the majority of them to very rarely visit and stop showing up entirely after only a few weeks.

If this is something you're very serious about doing though and going to ridiculous lengths to achieve your goals for this site, then seriously, good luck and I hope you're able to. I'm sure the large majority of us here, me included, would love to see CHA flourishing again. It's just that this is such a difficult thing to achieve and there aren't many people actively working on it.
Back to top Go down
cstyles224

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:18 am

smitee wrote:
cstyles224 wrote:

If we're being completely realistic here, this won't work unless you have enough people (like you said) putting maximum effort into it. The reality is though, that just about everyone (except for 2 or maybe 3) who would be appropriate to participate in the revival either don't have the time, or just aren't interested or motivated for one reason or another. You specifically would either have to be working around the clock or find other people who you trust to assist you if you would ever want this to actually work.

I hate to be such a downer, but it feels like CHA was really only going strong for about 2 years if we're being generous, and after that, it was a struggle to get new members and keep this place alive. None of the other plans to get more people to join really worked because of lack of commitment to them. The reasons for this were because it was totally voluntary, a lot of the people here just didn't play the game as much as they used to. Honestly though, probably the biggest one, is that it's just a lot of work to find someone, get them to agree to join and explain to them what this really is if they don't know and get them registered and test them, only for the majority of them to very rarely visit and stop showing up entirely after only a few weeks.

If this is something you're very serious about doing though and going to ridiculous lengths to achieve your goals for this site, then seriously, good luck and I hope you're able to. I'm sure the large majority of us here, me included, would love to see CHA flourishing again. It's just that this is such a difficult thing to achieve and there aren't many people actively working on it.

Your completely right, most people appropriate to help either are to busy or don't care, why do you think I gave the idea in the first place, I'm 14, I get average grades in school, I have more spare time than a homeless man and I have nothing leading me to something in later life. Even if I have to one-man the thing, I'll try, because yes, it will most likely fail. But I'm not that kind of person, one of my good friends said to me the other day was, 'Your most said sentence is what if' there's no telling what could happen unless you try. As pointed out in a message conversation I had with Oni a while back, the academy concept is nearly dead, evolving more into the Association that was tried a year back could work, but being a association that, not only has a forum to talk about stuff, but putting away with dorm process and everything else, and making the site a community, where people just talk and have fun, not working hard on beating people, and having a YouTube face were certain member's advertise the skills you gain, not through the dorm system but just through duelling and having fun. I've been around for technically 2 years, and I gave up for a short while, then I realised those who had been here for 4 had given up. If everyone gave up when things looked bleak for anything, don't you think there would be a REAL difference in how the world works nowadays?
Back to top Go down
Lord Link
Dragon Master

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:48 am

I am willing to help, and I feel bad for being away for so long, I had a issue with my family.

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:53 am

It's great that at least one person is willing to help, and, as I said once I have my health all sorted I want to go head first into this with my focus about 60% 40% on this, with life stuff taking in an extra 10%. Also someone might have messed up a command since my name is green and I'm pretty sure 24 hours ago it was a light blue.
Back to top Go down
Fushidara
Comeback King

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:36 pm

Hm, more people than I realized are coming back. I'm gonna go ahead and point out that cstyles, smitee, and Lord Link are going to be our forerunners. I may be helpful, but I'm busy with studying until like mid-August and, ironically, back during the school year.

I like cstyles' fervor, and I might be a bit washed up now but I kinda want to help out however I can. However, I'm not on DN because I believe DevPro/YGOPro are better programs and have better communities. It would be nice if people can join me on there, though.

I'm also like 99.2% sure Lord Link gave you HM privileges, cstyles. He sees your dedication and I think that's appropriate. 0.8% comes from smitee being cheeky.
Back to top Go down
cstyles224

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Knowing my luck, I've got that 0.8% (Luv yah Smitee!) But as for you switching to Dev/YGOpro Fushi, I've pretty much done the same under my changed username (Civil_CraftYT, shameless plug is shameless), since it's not only easier to film since my software is messing up, and with DN's image issue's making it hard to tell what card's are being used at all times. As for your family issue's Link, that should/should have the main priority, so don't come back until you feel 100% ready to come back. School finishes up for me in a week or two, and since I've already sat my end of year exam's, I just need to know for this to work, do I need to set up a new channel or will I get the log in for one. That and I am no use for channel art what so ever.
Back to top Go down
Shibō
The Wonderer

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:41 am

I like the idea, but I can't really contribute cuz I stopped playing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One final idea.....   Today at 5:32 pm

Back to top Go down

One final idea.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1